Five Helpful Tips on How to Network through Community Volunteerism
July 28 (Tampa) –
Presenter: Michelle Turman
“Five Helpful Tips on how to network through community volunteerism”
The International Coach Federation (ICF) Members represents the highest quality of professional coaching. Members of the organization are committed to helping individuals be the best coach one can be by connecting the client with opportunities for network-building and continuous growth. Therefore it is essential that coaches also explore how to leverage volunteerism as a networking opportunity to increase their own credibility and civic engagement, but also as a tool to expand their potential client base.
After attending this session, attendees will leave with the following take- aways:
1. How to identify a mission that is meaningful to you.
2. How to leverage your volunteer experience so that it is authentic to your business model and clientel.
3. A greater understanding of the types of opportunitites available within a nonprofit in order to best leverage your time, talent and treasure.
4. Learning the best way to how to build your business and network without creating a conflit of interest.
5. Balancing in-kind services versus knowing your value.
About our Presenter:
Michelle Turman, M.A., CFRE is the Principal of Catalyst Consulting Services whose mission is to facilitate positive change in the areas of executive searches, governance and fundraising coaching, organizational management and strategic planning. With over twenty-three years of nonprofit experience, Turman has been responsible for increasing the impact and best practices of nonprofit organizations she serves and has raised over $60 million for the Tampa Bay community through her professional and personal philanthropic efforts. Her success has been in large part due to her traditional and non-traditional networking efforts which have allowed her to position business as the “go to” for nonprofits and business professionals alike.